With a network of national coordinators connected to over 1.000 local information providers through Eurodesk National Offices in 35 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European opportunities for young people and those working with them. The Eurodesk network manages several online tools and co-manages the European Youth Portal for the European Commission and with Eurodesk Brussels Link as the coordinating body of the network.
Eurodesk Brussels Link is seeking one highly motivated web editor and content manager. The intern will assist with tasks related to European Youth Portal (europa.eu/youth) such as publishing news items, answering enquiries, managing social media communication and dissemination of information via newsletters. This internship is an excellent opportunity to participate in all stages of content creation from inception to publishing and developing new skills and working methods.
Proposed length of internship is six (6) months.
– Answering email enquiries
– Write/edit news, articles, events on European opportunities for young people and those working with them
– Update content through the content management system of the European Youth Portal (EYP)
– Assisting in monitoring EYP content developments
– Assist in measuring the impact of Eurodesk information work
– Assist in editing and producing of Eurodesk online materials
– Support Eurodesk’s presence on social media
– Support in network activities and European level meetings and events when relevant
– Provide assistance to the national Eurodesk coordinators with an emphasis on the EYP when relevant
– Other duties as directed by the Eurodesk director and other supervising staff members.
Profile and skills required:
– An academic background in communication, journalism or equivalent experience is requested;
– Strong interest in youth related issues;
– Excellent writing/editing skills in English;
– Familiarity with Content Management Systems;
– Knowledge of social media;
– Detail oriented, energic, resourceful, and self-motivated;
– Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
– Previous experience of working in NGOs, volunteering activities and/or participation in (international) youth activities would be a plus;
– Have a valid work permit for Belgium or being able to obtain one.
An agreement will be made according to the Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionelle” contract. The trainee receives a monthly allowance (around 1.050 EUR/month net). The traineeship is on a full-time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link (38h/week).
Interested applicants should send their CV and a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English to: [email protected]
Deadline to apply: 6th January (until midnight Brussels time).
A pre-selection online test will take place 8th January. Short-listed candidates should be available between 09h00-14h00 (Brussels) to receive and finalise the test.
Interviews will take place on 9th of January in Brussels or online. Only candidates short-listed for tests and interviews will be contacted.
The successful candidate should be available to start working on 1st of February 2019.
Please note that if you decide to send us your CV and motivation letter, your personal information will not be retained for a longer period than required by our administrative procedures. Once you apply any of your personal data will only be kept in our systems only during the recruitement process this data will only be shared within the Eurodesk Brussels Link recruitement team and permanently deleted from our systems after 30 days (if you’re not selected).
Find out more about Eurodesk’s compliance with the new GDPR here.