Eurodesk, the European Youth Card Association (EYCA) and the European Youth Information and Counselling Agency (ERYICA) are three European organisations committed to promote quality youth information services, youth mobility, and to foster young people’s autonomy and active participation in society.
The three information networks have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 11 September 2016 in Brussels in order to strengthen their cooperation.
As a concrete follow up, the three organisations have published a joint position paper “Engage. Inform. Empower.” on the role of learning mobility and youth information in the framework of the future EU Youth Strategy.
EYCA, ERYICA and Eurodesk run the joint project 'Reach More Young People: Promotion of Youth Work and Youth Information Services', from January to June 2017. The project aimed at broadening understanding of practices and policies in youth work and youth information internationally and at enhancing the modernisation and effectiveness of youth work and youth information services. A joint training was organised in Brussels on 5-7 April 2017, and a collection of good practices was produced to showcase innovate examples of how to reach out and engage young people.
The European Platform on Learning Mobility (EPLM) is a network coordinated by the European Union - Council of Europe Youth Partnership. It focuses on the learning mobility of young people and practitioners in the youth field.
Eurodesk is a member of the steering group of the European Platform on Learning Mobility. The group consists of researchers, policy makers and practitioners.
Learning mobility in this framework aims to increase participation, active citizenship, intercultural learning and dialogue, individual competency development and employability of young people.
In 2016, the EPLM has worked on a Charter on Quality Framework for Learning Mobility in the Youth Field and is currently developing related indicators. The results will be discussed at the EPLM biannual conference to take place in France in May 2018.
Eurodesk and Salto Participation and Information Resource Centre (Salto PI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding in February 2019. The aim is to reinforce the cooperation and build synergies, and more particularly to foster a more strategic approach to communicating EU programmes to young people. To that purpose, Eurodesk and Salto PI will develop and implement joint initiatives such as working groups, seminars and training sessions as well as share and disseminate information about their respective activities/initiatives.
- Youth Goals in focus: Eurodesk at the EU Youth Conference in Bucharest
- Get ready: European Youth Week 2019 is coming soon with the topic ‘Democracy and me’!
- Never a better Time to Move: Over 1000 events informed youth about opportunities abroad
- Learning by Leaving 2018: Strengthening cooperation between mobility networks
- Eurodesk welcomes the EU Youth Strategy and calls for youth info to be a horizontal priority
- Opinion: Why are the 11 EU #YouthGoals important for Europe?
- Time to Move T-shirt Contest: Have a chance to travel around Europe on train!
- Eurodesk chatbot presented at the EU-CoE youth partnership symposium
- Eurodesk Annual Overview 2017: The network’s accomplishments in empowering youth in Europe
- Two activities carried out by Eurodesk at the European Youth Event 2018