More and more research shows that learning mobility has positive effects on personal development, on employability, on building a sense of EU citizenship and on being tolerant to diversity. It highly contributes to broaden one’s horizon, stimulates creativity and develops the necessary competences to interact in a multicultural society. Is short, quality mobility is good for individuals, societies and economies.
Eurodesk shares the view that mobility should become the norm not the exception in order to improve the life prospects of any young person, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds. Having access to the right information at the right moment supports a more equal distribution of mobility opportunities. Specialised information services such as Eurodesk are particularly important as they offer young people accurate, reliable and youth-friendly information.
For this, we cannot rely on technology only, we need to provide human resources to support young people in their paths. This is why we believe that the EU and its Member States should invest in quality free youth information services that can support mobile young people before, during and after the mobility experience. It is also crucial to develop innovative methods, such as peer youth information and support.
- Eurodesk chatbot presented at the EU-CoE youth partnership symposium
- Eurodesk Annual Overview 2017: The network’s accomplishments in empowering youth in Europe
- Two activities carried out by Eurodesk at the European Youth Event 2018
- Eurodesk reaction on the proposal for the next European Youth Strategy (2019-2027)
- Eurodesk at the EU Youth Conference in Sofia, April 2018
- Eurodesk Competence Framework: Paving the way for quality youth information services
- ‘Erasmusx10’ campaign at ‘Your Europe, Your Say!’ 2018
- Eurodesk Survey 2017 report about mobility and role of youth information is released
- Joint best practice booklet released by EYCA, ERYICA and Eurodesk
- ‘Engage. Inform. Empower.’ – the joint position paper of EYCA, ERYICA and Eurodesk