Creative Europe (2014-2020) - Culture Sub-programme
The Creative Europe - Culture Sub-programme supports cultural and creative organisations to operate transnationally and internationally and to promote cross-border circulation of works of culture and mobility of cultural players.
In particular the Culture Sub programme supports:
- transnational cooperation projects bringing together cultural and creative organisations from different countries to undertake sectoral or cross-sectoral activities;
- activities by European networks of cultural and creative organisations from different countries;
- activities by organisations with a European vocation fostering the development of emerging talent and stimulating the transnational mobility of cultural and creative players and circulation of works, with the potential to exert a broad influence on cultural and creative sectors and to
provide for lasting effects;
- literary translation and the further promotion of translated works;
The Creative Europe Culture Sub-programme includes
- European cooperation projects - support transnational cooperation projects bringing together cultural and creative organisations from different countries to undertake sectoral or cross-sectoral activities (up to 48 months).
Category 1 - Small scale cooperation projects: at least three partners from at least three countries taking part in the sub-programme over a maximum period of four years;
Category 2 - Large scale cooperation projects: at least six partners from at least six countries taking part in the sub-programme over a maximum period of four years;
Category 3 - Cooperation projects related to the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage.
- European networks - action grants to European networks active in the field of the cultural and creative sectors, with at least 15 member organisations from at least 10 different countries taking part in the Programme.
- European platforms - support cultural and creative organisations for the development of emerging talents and transnational mobility of cultural and creative players and circulation of works. The platform shall be comprised of a coordination entity and at least 10 European cultural operators situated in at least 10 different countries participating in the Programme.
- Literary translation projects - support literary translation projects, cultural and linguistic diversity in the Union and in other countries participating, and to promote the transnational circulation of high quality literary works.
Category 1 – Two-year projects: translation and promotion of a package of 3 to 10 eligible works of fiction from and into eligible languages (up to 2 years).
Category 2 – Framework partnership agreement: action plan covering the entire duration of the agreemet shall be based on a long term strategy for the translation, distribution and promotion of the translated package of works of fiction.
- Non audiovisual cultural and creative operators, legally established in one of the countries participating in the sub-programme.
- EU Member States, Norway, Iceland, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, the Republic of Serbia.
Eligible projects: in particular not-for-profit projects.
- European cooperation projects: 18 January 2018, 12:00 noon (CET/CEST, Brussels time).
- European cooperation projects related to the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage: 22 November 2017, 12:00 noon (CET/CEST, Brussels time).
- European networks
- European platforms
- Literary translation projects
All details about the culture sub programme can be found here.
For further support please contact the Creative Europe Desks in your country: