Erasmus for young entrepreneurs
The programme will enable young European entrepreneurs to spend up to six months working with an experienced entrepreneur in another EU country to learn how to improve the management and growth of their own business.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- on-the-job-training for new entrepreneurs in SMEs elsewhere in the EU;
- exchanges of experience and information between entrepreneurs on obstacles and challenges;
- to enhance market access and identification of potential partners;
- networking by building on knowledge and experience from other European countries between entrepreneurs.
How does it work:
- Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs provides practical and financial assistance for New Entrepreneurs (NE) spending time in the business of experienced Host Entrepreneurs (HE) in other EU countries for 1 to 6 months with the possibility of dividing the stay into weekly slots (providing the time span does not exceed a total of 12 months).
- The matching of the NEs with HEs is carried out with the help of the EU intermediary organisations (IOs) competent in business support (e.g. Chambers of Commerce, incubators, startup centres, etc.).
The IOs' activities are coordinated by Eurochambres, which acts as Support Office for the programme.
- New and experienced entrepreneurs shall apply for the programme via the web page www.erasmus-entrepreneurs.eu and establish contact with the Intermediary Organisation of their choice. When an agreement is reached (working plan, tasks, responsibilities...), the stay abroad can be completed.
Further details can be found in the Programme Guide and the Frequently Asked Questions.
Criteria for New entrepreneurs:
- are entrepreneurs who are firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started their business within the last three years. The business can be in any sector.
- must demonstrate a sound educational and vocational background and a viable business idea.
- must be a permanent resident in one of the 28 EU Member States.
- should be able and willing to raise additional funds to cover the costs of the stay that exceed the EU's grant.
How to participate:
- Interested new and experienced entrepreneurs apply through the on-line registration form and establish contact with the intermediary organisations (IOs) that they have chosen.
- Candidates from all EU countries can participate in the programme. Candidates living in a country with no Intermediary Organisation, can address one of the Intermediary Organisations located in other countries.
- Interested candidates from third countries can participate provided that they have started or have the intention to start an enterprise in the EU; and that they are permanent residents in one of the EU countries.
The purpose of the financial support to the NEs is to contribute towards travel costs to and from the country of the stay and subsistence costs (in particular for accommodation) during the visit.
The aim of this Call COS-EYE-2017-4-01 is to select bodies which will act as Intermediary Organisations (IOs) to implement the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme at local level.
They will, in particular, recruit and assist the entrepreneurs who will benefit the programme. The Intermediary Organisations (IOs) will cooperate with all other organisations and authorities involved in the mobility programme. They will receive support from the existing Support Office (SO), which helps with the coordination and management of the programme across Participating Countries.
This call will therefore support actions for organisations enhancing and facilitating the mobility of new entrepreneurs, and is not intended for entrepreneurs willing to participate in the programme. The project duration will be two years (1/02/2018 - 31/01/2020).
Detailed activities to be implemented under this call for proposals, including the rules to be respected and procedures to follow, are available in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs Implementation Manual for Intermediary Organisations (Quality Manual).
Who can apply
Applying entities may for instance include:
- Public entities responsible for or active in the fields of economic affairs, enterprise, business support or related issues,
- Chambers of commerce and industry, chambers of (handi)crafts or similar bodies,
- Business support organisations, start-up centres, incubators, technology parks etc.,
- Business associations and business support networks,
- Public and private entities offering business support services,
- Institutes of (higher) education such as universities or institutes for vocational education and training.
Only applications from legal entities established in one of the following countries are eligible:
- EU Member States
- Countries participating in the COSME programme
Consortia must be composed of at least 5 independent legal entities from at least 4 different COSME Participating Countries and include no more than 10 partners.
This call aims at selecting projects implementing the programme during a 24 months period.
- activities may not start before 1/02/2018;
- activities are to be completed by 31/01/2020;
- the duration of projects is 24 months;
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 4,895,442.00.
The maximum grant amount per project will be EUR 500,000.00.
Deadline: 7 June 2017, 17.00.00 (CET).