Erasmus+Key Action1-Mobility project for young people-Youth Exchanges
Organisations active in the fields of education, training and youth receive support from the Erasmus+ Programme to carry out projects promoting different types of mobility.
"Youth Exchanges" is an opportunity allowing groups of young people between 13 and 30 years old, from different countries to meet and live together for up to 21 days. The groups jointly carry out a work programme (a mix of workshops, exercises, debates, role-plays, simulations, outdoor activities) designed and prepared by the participants before the Exchange. The aim is to make young people develop competences, become aware of socially relevant topics/thematic areas, discover new cultures, habits and life-styles, mainly through peer-learning, strengthen values like solidarity, democracy, friendship. Youth Exchanges are based on a transnational cooperation between two or more participating organisations from different countries within and outside the European Union.
Eligible participating organisations:
- non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
- European Youth NGO;
- social enterprise;
- public body at local level;
- group of young people active in youth work but not necessarily in the context of
a youth organisation (i.e. informal group of young people);
Who can apply
- Public body at regional or national level;
- Association of regions;
- European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation;
- Profit-making body active in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Any participating organisation or group established in a Programme Country can be the applicant. This organisation applies on behalf of all participating organisations involved in the project.
A mobility activity should involve at least two participating organisations (sending and receiving organisation) from different countries.
- Activities within Programme Countries: all participating organisations must be from a Programme Country.
- Activities with Partner Countries neighbouring the EU: the activity must involve at least one participating organisation from a Programme Country and one participating organisation from a Partner Country neighbouring the EU.
Either the sending organisation(s) or the receiving organisation(s) in each activity must be from the country of the National Agency receiving the application.
- 28 Member States of the European Union,
- Non EU Programme Countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
- Partner countries neighbouring the EU: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Territory of Ukraine as recognised by international law, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Territory of Russia as recognised by international law.
- Youth Exchanges.
Duration of project
- 3 to 24 months.
Where to apply:
- National Agency of the country in which the applicant organisation is established.
- 2 February 2017 at 12 (midday Brussels time) for projects starting between 1 May and 30 September of the same year;
- 26 April 2017 at 12 (midday Brussels time) for projects starting between 1 August and 31 December of the same year;
- 4 October 2017 at 12 (midday Brussels time) for projects starting between 1 January and 31 May of the following year.
Individuals seeking to apply should contact their organisation, institution, or educational establishment.