European Youth Award
The European Youth Award (EYA) selects and promotes best European innovative students, and social entrepreneurs, start-ups, designers, producers, application developers, journalists and writers, who create digital projects with impact on society addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe , Europe 2020 and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Innovative students and young people under 33 (born on or after January 1, 1984), living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo can enter their projects on the seven categories:
1. Healthy Life: healthcare, sports, food, well-being;
2. Smart Learning: education, infotainment, e-skills, science and R & D;
3. Connecting Cultures: diversity, heritage, integration, gender equality, music;
4. Go Green: sustainable energy, biodiversity, climate change, intelligent infrastructures;
5. Active Citizenship: digital journalism, democratic participation, social cohesion, human rights;
6. Sustainable Economics: financial literacy, employment, decent work, end hunger;
7. Open Innovation: disruptive apps, crazy stuff, digital magic, improving the world;
8. Special Category 2017: WATER blue planet, drinking water, sanitation, water management.
The submitted product or application must be completed after 1 January 2016 (for a project or product completed earlier the submitters have to document that significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions have been made in the period thereafter).
The submitted project, product or application must be fully functional and operational at the time of submission and must be accessible via Internet whether it is designed for fixed line, broadband or mobile use.
In case of multiple submissions from one and the same submitters, each product, project or application requires a separate registration and release form.
In each of the categories there will be three winners.
One producer or representative of the winning project has to accept the invitation to the EYA Festival (Winners Event), present the project, product or application there and receive the award personally. Travel costs will be covered with a lump sum. Accommodation will be provided.
The EYA Festival will take place in Graz (Austria), from 29 November to 2 December 2017.
Deadline to submit entries: 15 July 2017.
Find out more: http://www.eu-youthaward.org