European Youth Foundation - Grants for international youth activities
The European Youth Foundation (EYF) is a fund established by the Council of Europe to provide financial support for European youth activities. It aims to encourage co-operation amongst young people in Europe by providing financial support to youth activities. It concerns activities, which serve the promotion of peace, understanding and co-operation in a spirit of respect for human rights, democracy, tolerance and solidarity.
The EYF provides financial support to the following types of activity undertaken by youth NGOs or networks, or by other NGOs involved in the areas of youth work relevant to the Council of Europe's youth policies and work:
- educational, social, cultural and humanitarian activities of a European character
- activities aiming at strengthening peace and co-operation in Europe
- activities designed to promote closer co-operation and better understanding among young people in Europe, particularly by developing the exchange of information
- activities intended to stimulate mutual aid in Europe and in the developing countries for cultural, educational and social purposes
- studies, research and documentation on youth matters.
In order to obtain the EYF's support, it is essential that projects fall within the Council of Europe's values and work, and the priorities of the Youth Sector for 2018-2019
1. Access to rights;
2. Youth participation and youth work;
3. Inclusive and peaceful societies.
- The EYF may support the following operations:
A. International activity - including meetings of young people or youth leaders in Europe in order to promote participation and intercultural learning. The EYF will cover up two-thirds of the total cost. Maximum grant: € 20,000.
B. Annual work plan - including a series of activities for the following year(s), international activities, pilot activities and also publication (including web development). These activities would be part of and support your NGO's strategy or action plan for the coming years. Maximum grant: € 50,000.
C. Structural grant - The European Youth Foundation may, every 2 years, grant international non-governmental youth organisations or networks a contribution to cover part of the general administrative costs involved in running their activities at European level. Maximum annual grant: € 25,000 per year for 2 years (i.e. a maximum of €50,000 for 2 years).
D. One-off structural grant (non-renewable)- The Foundation may also contribute to the administrative costs of regional networks, in order to help them to establish a European structure. Maximum one-off grant: € 10,000.
E. Pilot activity - is an intervention addressing a specific societal challenge linked to the local context in which it takes place. Maximum grant: € 10,000.
Applicants must represent either an international non-governmental youth organisation or network, a national or local non-governmental youth organisation or network, or non-governmental structures involved in youth work, from the Council of Europe member states. A list of the members can be found here.
1 October for:
- International activities taking place between 1 April and 31 December (2nd half of the following year)
- Annual Work plan for following year
- One-off structural grants for following year (regional network)
1 October for:
- 2-Year Structural grant for 2018-2019 (international NGOs/networks)
There are no fixed deadlines for pilot project applications, which should be submitted in good time before the beginning of the activity in order to allow a proper assessment.