JM Jazz World Orchestra 2017
The JM Jazz World Orchestra is a project launched by Jeunesses Musicales International giving the opportunity to young musicians from all around the world to take part in training sessions, workshops and finally in a concert tour as a member of the JM Jazz Orchestra.
The 2017’s inspiring musical and intercultural experience will take place at the beginning of July in Groznjan, Croatia, and will continue with a tour until mid July.
This year, the project will be under the artistic leadership of Luis Bonilla (USA), a California raised, Costa Rican trombonist, composer and arranger.
Participants should be talented musicians between the ages of 18 and 26 playing: Saxophone, trombone, trumpet, horn, tuba, guitar, bass, drums, percussion, piano and vocals.
How to apply
Participants should complete the application form, attaching the following documents:
- a full CV with information about faculty of music, academy and school of music, and experience acquired as a jazz musician;
- a recommendation from a professor or a renowned jazz musician;
- a signed statement from either your parents, yourself, university, school or a JMI National Member or Associate Section, stating that your travel costs to/from Croatia will be covered;
- an upload or attached links to videos (maximum 10 MB) with at least 2 different performances: a theme and an improvisation. The candidates need to be clearly heard, with an important soloist part.
- Additional (but not as a replacement of the previous point) links to websites where audio & video can be downloaded, can be added. The video material must be clearly marked with the name of the candidate, the part of their musical performance and title. Please note that the maximum allowed size for each uploaded file is 10MB.
Deadline: 12 March 2017.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/2k3Evkl