Traineeships and student summer jobs at the European Investment Bank
The European Investment Bank offers summer jobs to students and internships to university graduates. The European Investment Bank (EIB) is the European Union's financing institution. Its task is to contribute towards the integration, balanced development and economic and social cohesion of the Member Countries.
The departments of the EIB take on well qualified trainees on an ad-hoc basis to carry out a one to five month traineeship following a defined trainee programme, mainly in areas of finance, audit, economy, engineering and the general secretariat.
The number of traineeships at the Bank are very limited and are designed to meet the needs of the departments, the latter of which also determine the length of the training period.
Training advisers designated by host departments will guide the trainees in their work programmes and be responsible for supervising their training.
- Trainees shall be selected from nationals of the Member States. A limited number of nationals of non-Member countries may be accepted.
- Applicants must have a thorough command of one of the Bank's internal working languages - French/English.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who have completed or started a course on European integration or a field relating to the EIB's activities as the European Union's financing institution.
Trainees may be granted an allowance. The Director of humain resources will determine the amount. Applicants with disabilities may receive a supplementary allowance.
There is no deadline for submissions. The traineeship specifications and the application forms can be obtained from: http://www.eib.org/jobs
SUMMER JOBS for students:
The EIB offers a limited number of summer jobs for students during the period from June to September, providing opportunity to gain exposure to working life and to earn some pocket money.
Students taking up these summer jobs provide general assistance in basic administrative tasks. To ensure fairness, applicants are selected by drawing lots.
- students must be aged from 18 to 25 inclusive
- students must still be attending an educational establishment
- students should live locally in Luxembourg or the surrounding areas or be able to secure accommodation at their own expense.
Deadline: 9 April 2017.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/209pSrh