Traineeships at the European Commission
The Commission organises twice a year in-service training periods lasting five months for university graduates.
This does not exclude those who, in the framework of lifelong learning - have recently obtianed a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The training periods start on 1 March and 1 October each year.
The purpose of in-service training is in particular:
- to provide them with practical knowledge of the working of Commission departments;
- to enable them to acquire personal experience by means of the contacts made in the course of their everyday work;
- to enable them to further and put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their studies and in particular in their specific areas of competence.
- The traineeship programme is open to university graduates, from all over the world who have:
- a degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a Bachelor);
- a very good knowledge of English or French or German (C1/C2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- a very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for nationals of EU countries).
In order to apply entrants must:
- have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by closing date for applications;
- not have completed a traineeship in another European Union institution or body or have worked for more than 6 weeks, or 42 calendar days (week-ends included) in any European institution, EU Body, EU Executive Agency, EU delegations or for Members of Parliament (MEPs).
- A training grant may be awarded to the trainee. The grant is approximately EUR 1,176,83 per month and reimbursement of travel expenses. Accident and health insurance are also provided.
- Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their grant.
To submit your application, you must:
- Complete and submit on-line the application form.
- Send your application file, preferably by registered post, before the deadline for application.
People who have previously done more than 6 weeks of in-service training or work (paid or unpaid) for any of the European institutions or bodies are excluded.
For more information, read the full application procedure.
The application period starts on 4 January 2018.
Deadline: 31 January 2018, 12:00 noon, Brussels time (traineeship period October 2018 - February 2019).
Find out more: http://ec.europa.eu/stages/home_en