Traineeships at the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe organises traineeships twice a year for a period of three (minimum) to five (maximum) months.
The North-South Centre, or the The European Centre for Global Interdependence and Solidarity, was established by the Council of Europe to encourage co-operation and solidarity between North and South and improve education and information on interdependence among the world’s inhabitants.
The North-South Centre has two tasks:
- to provide a framework for European co-operation designed to heighten public awareness of global interdependence issues,
- to promote policies of solidarity complying with the Council of Europe’s aims and principles - respect for human rights, democracy and social cohesion.
The duties to which trainees are assigned include research, the preparation of activities, draft reports and the drafting of minutes. They may also be required to assist with current work.
Trainees are not paid. Costs of travel and accommodation, as well as living expenses, are the responsibility of trainees or their sponsoring institutions. The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe automatically insures its trainees for medical and accident costs during the traineeship period.
Who can apply ?
- Nationals of one of the Council of Europe's member states or Southern Countries with which the North-South Centre co-operates,
- Persons who have completed their higher education or have successfully completed at least three years of university study (six semesters).
- Trainees must have a very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe's official languages (English and French). A good knowledge of the other is desirable. Good drafting ability required.
Trainees are selected by the Executive Director, in agreement with the Unit to which they are assigned.
In 2017 the traineeship sessions are:
- First session: January - June 2017
Deadline: 31 October 2016
- Second session: July - December 2017
Deadline: 30 April 2017
How to apply? If you want to apply for a traineeship, you should send by email a detailed CV in French or English with a motivation letter to email@example.com specifying which session and the number of months you are applying for.
Find out more: http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/nscentre/traineeship_en.asp