Translation Traineeships at the European Parliament for university graduates
The European Parliament offers translation traineeships in its Secretariat in order to contribute to the vocational training of young citizens, and to the understanding of the working of the institution.
Applicants for a translation traineeship for university graduates must:
- be citizen of a Member State of the EU or of an applicant country;
- be aged 18 or over on the traineeship starting day;
- have obtained, before the deadline, a university degree following a course of study of at least three years' duration;
- have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union or the official language of a candidate country and a thorough knowledge of two other EU official languages;
- not have been awarded any other traineeship or have been in paid employment for more than four consecutive weeks at the expense of the European Union budget.
Translation traineeships are assigned to Luxembourg.
By way of indication, in 2016 the scholarship represents EUR 1 252,62 per month.
The duration of this traineeship is three months. Exceptionally, they may be extended for a maximum period of three months.
Dates of next traineeships Application period
- 1 January
- 1 April
- 1 July
- 1 October
15 June - 15 August (midnight)
15 September - 15 November (midnight)
15 December - 15 February (midnight)
15 March - 15 May (midnight)
Before applying, please read the Internal Rules Governing Translation Traineeships.