How we use your information
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, in order to:
- Send you information in connection to our services
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Provide Services to you, in terms of services that you may request.
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding services, surveys, research studies, information on EU programmes, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you.
- Customise the content we provide through the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Services
- Secure the services we provide
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/anonymous data We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use this informantion for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, statistical analyses of website(s) usage, and may also share such data with third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors when required.
How we share your information
Eurodesk will share your information in the following ways:
- Service providers. If you provide us with extra information that may be needed for finding a placement, job offer, training or accomodation in another country, we need to provide access to or share your information with partner organisations throughout Europe who give out services independently or on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes.
- Who processes information. Eurodesk has offices in 35 countries including non-EU member states (Iceland, Macedonia, Norway, Turkey, Ukraine) with 37 co-ordinating offices and over 1000 relay organisations (multipliers/partners). The responsibility for your information falls under the care of the office or the partner who first collected your information and all Eurodesk partners comply with the new GDPR rules and this Privacy notice. The information may be shared internally where it is stored in a closed system, conference or group not accessible to anyone who is not a Eurodesk member.
- Related entities. With your consent, the Eurodesk office or partner may share information that can be used to directly contact you with other or third party partners, such as non profit organisations, governmental organisations or companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Benefiting from our opportunities. If you decide to share your CV for a job offer or internship, your information will be accessible to the potential or direct employer and further shared with our network of partners, including, without limitation, details of your Profile and other information related to your work experience and goals.
- Aggregate/anonymous information. From time to time, Eurodesk may share aggregate/anonymous information about use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, or other demographic information. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
You may have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
Your legal rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us at [email protected] at any time. Your local laws, such as in the European Union, may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you, if not required administratively
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that you make such a request, we require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following pieces of information:
- Your name and email address associated which you used to get in touch with our services;
- The persons or organisations that first processed your data;
- Approximate date of when you provided us with your data;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification in our discretion.
You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding products, services, promotions and special events that might appeal to your interests by contacting us via [email protected]
Retention of your information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
© 2019 Eurodesk
The name Eurodesk may not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of this information without specific, written prior permission. Reproduction is authorised provided the source is acknowledged.