With a network of national coordinators connected to over 1.000 local information providers through Eurodesk Centres in 35 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European opportunities for young people and those who work with them. The network manages several online tools and co-manages the European Youth Portal for the European Commission. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of the network.
Eurodesk Brussels Link is seeking one highly motivated community manager. The intern will assist with tasks related to European Youth Portal (europa.eu/youth) such as publishing news items, answering enquiries and managing social media communication and newsletters. This internship is an excellent opportunity to participate in all stages of content creation from inception to publishing and developing new skills and working methods on social media and information tools.
Proposed length of internship is six (6) months.
- Write/edit news, short articles, events on European opportunities for young people and those working with them;
- Update content through the content management system of the European Youth Portal (EYP) and revise existing content;
- Answering enquiries (daily basis);
- Manage Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Mailchimp (newsletter) accounts;
- Support in network activities and European level meetings and events;
- Support in managing deadlines and creating of database entries on the European Opportunity Finder (programmes.eurodesk.eu);
- Other related duties.
Profile and skills required
- An academic background in communication or equivalent experience is requested;
- Strong interest in youth related issues;
- Excellent writing/editing skills in English;
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress);
- Good knowledge of social media trends;
- High sense of creativity;
- Detail oriented, energetic, resourceful, and self-motivated;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Previous experience of working in NGOs, volunteering activities and/or participation in (international) youth activities would be a plus;
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium (or being eligible to obtain)
An agreement will be made according to the Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionelle” contract. The trainee receives a monthly allowance (around 1.050 EUR/month net).
The traineeship is on a full-time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link (38h/week).
Interested applicants should send their CV and a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English to: [email protected].
Deadline to apply: 6 July (midnight Brussels time).
A pre-selection on-line test will take place 9 July.
Short-listed candidates should be available between 09h00-12h00 to receive and finalise the test.
Interviews will take place on 13 July in Brussels or online.
Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
The successful candidate should be available to start work on the 13 August 2018.
Please note that if you decide to send us your CV and motivation letter, your personal information will not be retained for a longer period than required by our administrative procedures.
Once you apply any of your personal data will only be kept in our systems only during the recruitement process this data will only be shared within the Eurodesk Brussels Link recruitement team and permanently deleted from our systems after 15 July 2018 (if you’re not selected).
Find out more about Eurodesk’s compliance with the new GDPR here.